Guidelines for Events in Sherwood Gardens and Guilford’s Parks (effective September 2021)
Sherwood Gardens is a private park that is open to the public during daylight hours. Attendance should not disturb the peace and tranquility of the gardens or be a nuisance to any of its neighbors.
For your safety and the health of the trees and plantings, climbing on trees or entering into flower beds is prohibited. Pets are to be leashed at all times.
All business-related events such as photo shoots, regardless of size, must obtain a written permit for a fee of $50.00 prior to the event. The permit is issued by the Guilford Association: email@example.com.
Prior approval also is required for social gatherings, such as picnics and family outings, of 10 people or more. This must be obtained through the Guilford Association prior to the get together by offering a donation of $10 per person and filling out the Permission Form. You will receive a permit for the occasion. Weddings and similar ceremonies are not permitted in the Gardens.
- No music.
- No tents, hammocks, tables or other structures.
- No grills.
- No bathroom facilities are provided or allowed.
- Chairs are not allowed except for the elderly or persons with disabilities.
- Organized sporting events or practices (e.g., baseball, lacrosse, soccer, etc.) are not permitted.
- All trash must be removed. “Carry in carry out”.
- Parking is limited on surrounding streets – carpools are encouraged.
Guilford’s security patrol, GSP, under the direction of Wolf Professional Security, will actively monitor gatherings and check to ensure approval has been given for any events or large gatherings. If event attendees do not have permits, Wolf Security Officers, Guilford Association Board members, or Stratford Green Trustees will ask visitors to leave the private park.
The Park is for the enjoyment of all.
Thank you for following the rules that are intended to ensure that happens.